First American Art Magazine, LLC (FAAM) is a new magazine dedicated solely to the arts of Indigenous peoples of the Americas. Order a print copy today! Issue No. 1 will be out in early August 2013.
First American Art Magazine is available through the following retail outlets:
- Case Trading Post, at the Wheelwright Museum, 704 Camino Lejo, Santa Fe, NM | (505) 982-4636
- Cherokee Arts Center, 212 S. Water Ave, Tahlequah, OK | (918) 453-5728
- Denver Art Museum Store, 100 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy., Denver, CO | (720) 865-5000
- Full Circle Bookstore, 50 Penn Place Shopping Mall, 1900 Northwest Expy Oklahoma City, OK 73118 | (405) 842-2900.
- Heard Museum Book Store, 2301 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ | (602) 252-8840
- Museum of Contemporary Native Arts Museum Store, 108 Cathedral Pl, Santa Fe, NM |
- Pyramid Lake Museum and Visitors Center, 709 State Street, Nixon, NV 8942 | (775) 574-1088
- Tribes 131 Gallery, 131–24th Ave. NW, Norman, OK | (405) 329-4442
First American Art Magazine, LLC (FAAM) promotes and contextualizes visual, media, literary, and performing arts of Indigenous Americas from a hemispheric Indigenous perspective. Our goal is to foster critical dialogue about Native art. We provide a forum to bridge the academy and the general public. FAAM examines current and historical issues through the lens of Native art.
First American Art Magazine, LLC envisions a world with Indigenous cultural sovereignty. We achieve this by articulating and popularizing Indigenous critical theory in ways accessible to Native communities as well as the non-Native art world.
Tradition isn’t a stagnant pond; it’s a flowing stream.
Cover Image: Erin Shaw (Chickasaw–Choctaw), Be Prepared, 2011, acrylic on canvas, 12 x 12 in.| erinshawart.com
First American Art Magazine
1000 Cordova Place #843
Santa Fe, NM 87505
- Ph (505) 473-0149
First American Art sign up form
Sign up for our newsletter